Duties and responsibilities
As the pharmaceutical technologist, your duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Helps patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; dispensing medicine
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs & preparing ageing reports as often as possible.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for dispensing by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and other clientele.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information and sending them on time as required in the standard operating procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Adhere to the Dangerous Drug Act regulation
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed to the letter and timely feedback given
- Any other duty assigned by the Branch manager, Regional Manager or senior management staff.
- Create phenomenal patient experiences
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- 1 year experience working in a busy hospital setting
- Duly registered by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
Code of conduct required at FHC
- Employees must always be clean, smart and well groomed in uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Employees must be ready and willing to provide exemplary customer service in accordance to company brand and policies.
- Employees must adhere to the working hours as per shifts allocated; any absence from work must be reported in good time.
- Employees must keep the clients’ information confidential.
- Employees must adhere to the organization’s reporting structure.
- Must be a persons with high level of integrity.
- Must not have prior criminal record
Skills and competencies
- Excellent team player
- Negotiation skills.
All applications should have the following documents:
- Current CV
- Certificates and other testimonials
- KCSE certificate
- National ID
Please send your applications to email@example.com or hand deliver to Fountain healthcare, Off Uganda Road next to Lions School on or before 22/06/18. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.