General Purpose of the role: The Laboratory Technologist’s major role is to Collect patient’s body fluids and tissues and any other specimens for lab test and analysis. He/she is also responsible in providing excellent customer service to the clients.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Helps patients by greeting them in person and by phone; Answering questions and requests.
- Maintains laboratory inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; Anticipating needed stocks and supplies; Placing and expediting orders; Verifying receipt; Preparing ageing reports as often as possible.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment by complying with company standard operating procedures &government regulation. He/she cleans the floors and damp dusts the shelves.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and lab requests.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information and sending them on time as required in the standard operating procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conducting marketing activities together with the branch team and ensuring individual and branch sales targets are met/or exceeded.
- Take responsibility of his/her lab by ensuring that all operations of the lab are running smoothly and reporting any anomalies and breakages.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed to the letter and timely feedback given
- Keep the laboratory and all equipment clean
- Prepare the laboratory equipment and specimens for tests
- Perform blood counts and blood tests for transfusion purposes
- Work with medical laboratory technologists/scientists/pathologists in more complex laboratory tests and procedures.
- Keep records and files for all tests and procedures done and indicate the payments.
- Generate daily cash analysis and this should reconcile with actual money collected on daily basis
- Every month prepare budget and place local purchase orders for supplies through Hospital Administrator, Executive Division director and Finance Director and maintain adequate stock levels.
- Keep inventory of all lab equipment, draw a maintenance and calibration schedule and report immediately any equipment malfunction that needs repair.
- Keep quality control as per required regulations of laboratory services at County and National Regulatory bodies.
- Any other duty assigned by the Line manager, or senior management staff.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory
- Duly registered by Kenya Medical Laboratory technicians and technologist board
- 1 year experience in a busy hospital setting.
Code of conduct required at FHC
- Employees must always be clean, smart and well groomed in uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Employees must be ready and willing to provide exemplary customer service in accordance to company brand and policies.
- Employees must adhere to the working hours as per shifts allocated; any absence from work must be reported in good time.
- Employees must keep the clients’ information confidential.
- Employees must adhere to the organization’s reporting structure.
- Must be a persons with high level of integrity.
- Must not have prior criminal record
Skills and competencies
- Excellent team player
- Negotiation skills.
All applications should have the following documents:
- Current CV
- Certificates and other testimonials
- KCSE certificate
- National ID
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to Fountain healthcare, Off Uganda Road next to Lions School on or before 22/06/18. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.