Duties and Responsibilities
Headship of a section in a Health Records and Information Department i.e. control of reception, registration and appointment procedures and being responsible for the supervision of staff in the section.
Specific functions include:-
- Administer, editing and other discharge procedures.
- Maintenance of bed Bureau and waiting list procedures for inpatients.
- Supervision of storage and retrieval of medical records.
- Co-ordinating the collection of medical statistics from the various sections of the department.
- Supervision of coding and indexing of diseases and surgical operations in accordance with International Classification of Diseases and International Classification of Procedures in Medicine.
- Maintenance of patients’ master index, diagnostic index, surgical operation index and other medical records indices.
- All other duties relating to medical records management, which may be assigned as from time to time.
- Receiving of the patient at the registration point.
- Ensuring proper utilization of stationery.
- Preparing and submitting of reports online.
- Preparing the work schedules for the section.
- Observing confidentiality of the patient records.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor
- Diploma in Health records and Information Sciences
- 1 year experience working in a busy hospital setting
Code of conduct required at FHC
- Employees must always be clean, smart and well groomed in uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Employees must be ready and willing to provide exemplary customer service in accordance to company brand and policies.
- Employees must adhere to the working hours as per shifts allocated; any absence from work must be reported in good time.
- Employees must keep the clients’ information confidential.
- Employees must adhere to the organization’s reporting structure.
- Must be a persons with high level of integrity.
- Must not have prior criminal record
Skills and competencies
- Excellent team player
- Negotiation skills.
All applications should have the following documents:
- Current CV
- Certificates and other testimonials
- KCSE certificate
- National ID
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to Fountain healthcare, Off Uganda Road next to Lions School on or before 22/06/18. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.