FOUNTAIN PROJECTS AND RESEARCH OFFICE (FOPRO):
Fountain Projects and Research Office (FOPRO) will be a division established by Fountain Health care Limited that will be dedicated to the enhancement of healthcare projects, health research and provision of relevant healthcare training in form of short courses and consulting services in Kenya.
FOPRO serves to:
- Coordinate, integrate, and support care projects and research activities undertaken within the FHC network
- Catalyze research in the region by exposing young doctors and other scientists to research, offering relevant training, mentorship and providing them with the necessary networks, and opportunities for growth in research
- Establish an objective and fair system for review and assessment of research projects and their progress
- Facilitate the exchange of information and promote domestic and international cooperation and partnerships, and
- Provide consultancy services to county and national governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and international organizations on various areas of health.
FOPRO will raise its funding through competitive grant bidding processes to support research activities within the FHC network, as well as income generated from consultancy services and training activities. Management of these funds, as well as accountability, will be coordinated through the FOPRO grants administration office.
To ensure effectiveness and assure the future success of FOPRO activities, the focus will be emphasized on several major, mission-oriented target areas of research and consultancy:-
- Infectious diseases
- Non-communicable diseases (diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, cancer, chronic lung diseases, mental health, injuries and trauma, and gender-based violence )
- Eye and dental health
- Maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH)
- Public health (epidemiology and biostatistics, operational research, implementation science research, health economics, international health, and health services management)
- Surgical conditions
- Population health.
Education and Training Programs:
For continued knowledge-sharing and capacity building, training of the next generations of health researchers and clinicians is paramount and is an important goal of FOPRO. Thus it will strive to engage in various education and training programs which will not be limited to, but include:
- Training in grant writing techniques
- Hands-on training in epidemiology and biostatistical techniques
- Training on grants management
- Training on implementation science
- Mentorship through hands-on participation in various clinical research projects at FOPRO.
- Short clinical courses on core areas e.g. endoscopy, high-resolution anoscopy, aspects of surgical oncology, Diabetes education, etc.