Fountain Healthcare (FHC) Ltd is a Group Practice concept bringing together several doctors who have diverse skills and experience under one roof. It is fully incorporated as a private company, a subsidiary company of F500 Ltd. FHC now owns fully established comprehensive ambulatory services with outpatient consultations, examinations, daycare surgeries, laboratory investigations, physiotherapy, imaging and pharmacy.
The company is seeking to recruit capable, innovative and resolute professionals to fill the following position as posted on our Website: www.fhc.co.ke:-
- DENTAL ASSISTANT (DA)
Although dentists usually get most of the credit, Dental Assistants are essential to keeping a busy dentist’s office up and running efficiently. Without their assistants, dentists just wouldn’t have the time available to service all of their patients. As Dental Assistant (DA) be sure to have a challenging, yet rewarding career. In order to be a dental assistant, you must be able to handle a variety of tasks, have strong interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to different circumstances. As a Dental assistant are usually tasked with attending to patients, filling in forms, assist in procedures, preparations of molds and x-rays.
As dental assistant you will work closely with and under the supervision of dentists. You have a wide variety of responsibilities in the larger role of aiding the dentist. As such, you are in charge of several tasks. Some of the basic roles involve interacting with patients in the office and instructing them about oral health during and after the appointments. Other routine tasks include answering the phones and scheduling appointments. Some of the more challenging parts of the job description include taking x-rays and dental preparations.
Report to: Director Division of Dental services
Formal education upto KCSE is desirable.
Previous experience as a Dental Assistant (added advantage)
Tasks and duties
- Cleaning and keeping equipment in order in the dental unit
- Documentation of all important information including patients’ details, procedures and charging
- Prepare daily cash report and reconcile with cashier and hand over the report.
- Learn about patients’ medical history and take their vitals
- Prepare patients for treatment and procedures
- Make sure patients feel comfortable and relaxed
- Prepare and sterilize dental equipment to prevent infection
- Provide assistance to dentists during procedures
- Use suction hoses as well as other dental equipment to keep the mouth of the patient dry.
- Keeping the office running smoothly by scheduling appointments, answering phones, ordering supplies etc.
- Teach the patients’ about their oral hygiene
- Take dental impressions
- Take and develop X-rays
- Dental assistants may be asked to expand their skill set to other roles.
- Have a willingness to learn new things and strong interpersonal skills.
Mode of Application
For the detailed job profile and specification, please visit our Website: www.fhc.co.ke
Candidates who meet the criteria outlined in the job description should submit their application (addressed or hand delivered) specifying how they meet the specified criteria and how they will deliver on the specific job responsibilities. This should be accompanied with their up-to-date CVs, including details of their contacts, current and expected salary, names and contacts of two professional referees plus copies of all certificates/ testimonials and national IDs so as to reach the Director’s Office at the address below not later than close of business on Friday March 30th 2018.
Applications without the relevant copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered.
FHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity within the organization and encourages all eligible candidates to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Nandi Road, Next to the Hindu temple
PO Box 5819-30100, ELDORET, KENYA
Tel: 053 2060203, 0702 937982, 0774 150677
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.fhc.co.ke