Fountain Healthcare (FHC) Ltd is a Group Practice concept bringing together several doctors who have diverse skills and experience under one roof. It is fully incorporated as a private company; a subsidiary company of F500 Ltd. FHC now fully owns established comprehensive ambulatory services with outpatient consultations, examinations, daycare surgeries, laboratory investigations, physiotherapy, imaging, and pharmacy.
The company is seeking to recruit capable, innovative and resolute professionals to fill the following position at Fountain Healthcare Ltd Nairobi:
- REGISTERED STAFF NURSE (1) POSITIONS
JOB SUMMARY – Reporting to the DTS (Director Technical Services), the prime responsibility of the nurse is to protect, promote and safeguard the well-being of all the clients/family and community in a professional and scientific manner;
.He/She should also be able to assess patients’ progress, identify complications and decide on appropriate intervention timely; treat every patient as a unique individual with unique choices and needs; give health talks, information or advice to assigned patients/family In addition; he/she will attend daily ward rounds. The staff shall also assist the Nurse Manager with certain administrative duties as assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this position, a Candidate must have:-
- Diploma in nursing sciences KRCHN from a recognized and accredited training facility. Degree in nursing sciences added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in a busy hospital setting
- Certificate of Registration from the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license from the Council;
- BLS, ACLS, ATLS added advantage
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills.
- Competencies in: – Good clinical and business acumen, good people management, Resource management skills, Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on task closure and consistent quality service delivery.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Carries outpatient assessment for assigned patients prior to discharge and documents the summary on nurses’ records;
- Supports/actively participates in quality improvement initiatives within the unit and institution;
- When on night duty prepares ward round trolley early in the morning;
- Checks with patient to ensure that they are served with meals of their choice, allocates staff to assist/feed seriously ill patient;
- Receive & hand-over verbal and written reports of patients, emergency trolley and other important equipment and supplies as per unit regulations;
- Reports any incident regarding patients, family, staff equipment or the environment in writing timely;
- Reports any item which is out of working order to the unit/shift in charge;
- Actively participates in developing policies, guidelines, procedures setting unit objectives and continuous Nursing Education Program (identifies own/ unit learning needs);
- Participates in teaching new staff members and offers support during their probationary period;
- Plays an active role in hospital committees as and when required;
- Maintain good communication and teamwork within the unit and interdisciplinary team;
- Attend and participates in unit meetings giving contributions accordingly;
- Evaluates the outcome of health promotion/care strategies and documents properly;
- Always strives to portray a positive image of our Institution, within and outside;
- Maintains safe and cluster free environment;
- Bills for services by completing requests for service; monitoring billed units; providing the billing office with service codes;
- Carry out other duties as assigned by his/her in-charge.
Code of conduct required at FHC
- Employees must always be clean, smart and well-groomed in uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Employees must be ready and willing to provide exemplary customer service in accordance to company brand and policies.
- Employees must adhere to the working hours as per shifts allocated; any absence from work must be reported in good time.
- Employees must keep the clients’ information confidential.
- Employees must adhere to the organization’s reporting structure.
- Must be a person with a high level of integrity.
- Must not have a prior criminal record
All applications should have the following documents:
- Current CV
- Certificates and other testimonials
- National ID
Competencies in: – Good clinical and business acumen, good people management, Resource management skills, Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on task closure and consistent quality service delivery.
Mode of Application
For the detailed job profile and specification, please visit our Website: www.fhc.co.ke
Candidates who meet the criteria outlined in the job description should submit their application (addressed or hand delivered) specifying how they meet the specified criteria and how they will deliver on the specific job responsibilities. This should be accompanied with their up-to-date CVs, including details of their contacts, current and expected salary, names and contacts of two professional referees plus copies of all certificates/ testimonials and national IDs so as to reach the Human Resource Officer at the address below not later than close of business on Friday 27th September, 2019.
Foreign degree holders should seek and provide testimonials as to the status of recognition of their degree certificates by the Commission for Higher Education.
Applications without the relevant copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered.
FHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity within the organization and encourages all eligible candidates to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The Human Resource Officer
Fountain Healthcare Ltd
Nandi Road, Next to the Hindu temple
PO Box 5819-30100, ELDORET, KENYA
Tel: 053 2060203, 0702 937982, 0774 150677
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.fhc.co.ke
Please send your applications to email@example.com or hand deliver to Fountain healthcare Ltd, Off Uganda Road next to Lions School on or before 27th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.