Fountain Healthcare (FHC) Ltd is a Group Practice concept bringing together several doctors who have diverse skills and experience under one roof. It is fully incorporated as a private company, a subsidiary company of F500 Ltd. FHC now owns fully established comprehensive ambulatory services with outpatient consultations, examinations, daycare surgeries, laboratory investigations, physiotherapy, imaging, and pharmacy.
The company is seeking to recruit capable, innovative and resolute professionals to fill the following position as posted on our Website: www.fhc.co.ke:-
JOB SUMMARY – Reporting to the CMO, the Clinical Officer Anaesthetist (CO-A) shall attend to all surgical patients who present to the FHC facility, make important decisions regarding their immediate management or further considerations/referrals. He/She shall also ensure full theatre coverage of the hospital by creating and frequently updating the theatre schedule. In addition, he/she will attend daily ward rounds. The CO-A shall also assist the CMO with certain administrative duties as assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this position, a Candidate must have:-
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Clinical Medicine and Community Health from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Anesthesia from a recognized medical training Institution;
- At least three years’ experience in clinical medicine in the public or private sector.
- Certificate of Registration from the Clinical Officers’ Council;
- Valid practicing license from the Council;
- BLS, ACLS, ATLS added advantage
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills.
- Competencies in: – Good clinical and business acumen, good people management, Resource management skills, Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on task closure and consistent quality service delivery.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- · Ensure quality coordination of theatre and anesthetic management for all patients undergoing surgical interventions
- · Ensure that universal precautions and infection prevention guidelines are adhered to
- Responsible for giving anesthesia to all emergency and elective cases conducted in theatre, both minor and major surgeries
- · Conduct perioperative (pre and post) review of all patients within 24 hours
- · Supervise theatre staffs and ensure smooth running of theatre activities and procedures in addition to allocating the support staffs duties.
- · Assist in the management of very sick patients in the ward when called upon e.g. patients who need urgent resuscitation and intubation
- · Be part of the emergency trauma team and called upon in case of an accident with mass casualties
- · Attend and participate in the daily morning hospital handover meetings and ward rounds
- · Participate in weekly continuous medical education (CME) at the hospital
- · Conduct on-job training of staff through both practical and theory sessions
- · Do theatre coverage and on-call, ensuring 24-hour coverage
- · Properly cover nights and weekends, arrange a rotation schedule with fellow clinical officers.
- · Perform routine clinical work as required by the supervisor in both outpatient and inpatient departments.
- · Participate in hospital health surveys/campaigns/surgical camps as required
- · Keep complete and accurate inventory of medicines and supplies located at the theatre and monitor and supervise their usage
- · Ensure all medication, equipment’s, supplies required for anesthesia and the entire theatre department are ordered in good time.
Mode of Application
For the detailed job profile and specification, please visit our Website: www.fhc.co.ke
Candidates who meet the criteria outlined in the job description should submit their application (addressed or hand delivered) specifying how they meet the specified criteria and how they will deliver on the specific job responsibilities. This should be accompanied with their up-to-date CVs, including details of their contacts, current and expected salary, names and contacts of two professional referees plus copies of all certificates/ testimonials and national IDs so as to reach the Director’s Office at the address below not later than close of business on Friday 25th Jan. 2019
Foreign degree holders should seek and provide testimonials as to the status of recognition of their degree certificates by the Commission for Higher Education.
Applications without the relevant copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered. FHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity within the organization and encourages all eligible candidates to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
The Executive Chair
Fountain Healthcare Limited
Nandi Road, Next to the Hindu temple
PO Box 5819-30100, ELDORET, KENYA
Tel: 053 2060203, 0702 937982, 0774 150677
E-mail: email@example.com, Website: www.fhc.co.ke