Position Title : Senior Accountant
Grade : 5B
Reporting to : Finance Manager; FHC Eldoret
The Senior Accountant, under supervision of Finance Manager of FHC Eldoret, will be responsible for the Accounting and Financial Management of FHC Eldoret; including forecasting, budgeting and actual expenditure monitoring. He/she will be expected to design, prepare, and present detailed budgets, analysis of expenditure trends, burn rates, variance analysis and recommended solutions. The incumbent will be based in FHC Eldoret.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate shall-
- Assist FM in timely preparation of Financial Reports to the management, Executive committee
- Keep proper and timely records of all the company transactions into the financial system
- Review subordinates work ensuring that accounting records are accurate and adhere to IFRs
- Review the general ledgers for accuracy and completeness ensuring all journal entries are passed Assist FM in timely preparation of Financial Reports to the management, Executive committee
- To ensure proper record keeping in accordance to GAAPS and IFRS and safeguard company assets
- Ensure internal control systems are followed inter alia proper approvals, checking subsidiary ledgers and reconciling them to control accounts
- Prepare & ensure submission of statutory returns on time and reconcile them to control accounts
- Maintain a proper fixed assets register and lead the effort to integrate it to the general ledger
- Maintain inter-company transactions and balances agreement
- Prepare monthly management reports and annual financial statements
- Adhere to company policies and country laws/regulations and deadlines
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits
- Ensure proper use of resources & control costs
- Ensure prompt invoicing & payment by customers
- Ensure payment to suppliers according to agreed terms
- Assist in developing financial and accounting policies, standard operation procedures and guidelines Assist in preparing cash flow forecasts & annual budgets
- Analyze and monitors financial data, trends, and indicators. This review and analysis should be both on a standard, ongoing basis as well as on request.
- Assess financial impact of proposed services and programs and monitors financial cost/benefit of existing programs and services
- Assist in ensuring departmental compliance with established statutory rules and regulations
- Plans, assigns, and reviews the work of subordinate accountants and clerical personnel; trains and evaluates personnel
- Provide leadership to the subordinate staff in the finance department.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or Commerce
- Must be a CPA (K)/ACCA and registered member of ICPAK
- 5 years progressive experience out of which 2+ years are in a similar position
- Proficiency in generally used accounting systems e.g. QuickBooks, Sage Pastel, ERPs
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Analytical skills with good knowledge of spreadsheets, demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures and accruals.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, multi-tasking and proven ability to prioritize to meet timelines
- Team player and results-orientation
All applications should have the following documents:
- Current CV
- Certificates and other testimonials
- KCSE certificate
- National ID
Please send your applications to email@example.com or hand deliver to Fountain healthcare, Off Uganda Road next to Lions School on or before 17th/August/2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.